Make An Effort To Turn Off Power When Not In Use
How much do you know when it comes to saving energy? Here’s some facts we found when trying to find out a bit more:
- All chargers use electricity even when they’re not in use… so turn off at the wall and unplug when you’re done charging your phone and tablets! The same goes for equipment that goes into standby mode like your TV.
- If everyone boiled only the water they needed every time they used the kettle, we could save enough electricity a year to power the UK’s street lights for nearly 7 months!!!! (Energy Saving Trust) I am certainly guilty of this! Also for boiling the kettle and forgetting I’ve done it so boiling it again!
- Turning your thermostat down by only 1* could save you nearly £100! (thegreenage.co.uk)
- Turning off lights when you leave a room could save you at least £50 a year. (thegreenage.co.uk) I often get told off for this one…!
- A washing machine will use 30% less electricity on a 40*C cycle compared with a 60*C cycle. (Daily Mail)
There are a few ideas there of how you could save a bit of energy today, but do you have any more? Comment on the post or share your photos of how you’re able to save a bit of energy today!